D2BM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classic Diablo 2 PvP realm.

4 posters

My New Pc - Well Saving For!

Kieran

My New Pc - Well Saving For! Empty My New Pc - Well Saving For!

Post  Kieran Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:05 am

Unspoken

My New Pc - Well Saving For! Empty Re: My New Pc - Well Saving For!

Post  Unspoken Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:41 pm

You are better off building it yourself, 9400gt costs a little bit less than the 9600gt or 9800gt with a huge gap in performance. Also I doubt this PC runs with a 450 watt psu. I had a 500 watt psu in when i put my 9800gt in and it died almost Immediately. If it doesn't die on the spot it will die within 1-2 months.

Edit: Go with AMD, its better bang for your buck.

Edit again: The mobo on this thing sucks too.
    Kieran

Post  Kieran Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:43 pm

Unspoken wrote:You are better off building it yourself, 9400gt costs a little bit less than the 9600gt or 9800gt with a huge gap in performance. Also I doubt this PC runs with a 450 watt psu. I had a 500 watt psu in when i put my 9800gt in and it died almost Immediately. If it doesn't die on the spot it will die within 1-2 months.

Thanks for the information but where I live its cheaper to buy in one go rather than buy each individual part also I am limited to what I can spend on a PC but if you would like to find me a better spec for similar price that would be great. Also if it cannot run on a 450watt psu I have a 12 month warranty on the PC so this isn't much of a problem.

I know AMD is better but Quad Core AMD cost a bomb Smile

Not sure what mobo is ^^
    UT-Grim
    UT-Grim

Post  UT-Grim Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:51 pm

Kieran wrote:
    Unspoken wrote:You are better off building it yourself, 9400gt costs a little bit less than the 9600gt or 9800gt with a huge gap in performance. Also I doubt this PC runs with a 450 watt psu. I had a 500 watt psu in when i put my 9800gt in and it died almost Immediately. If it doesn't die on the spot it will die within 1-2 months.

Thanks for the information but where I live its cheaper to buy in one go rather than buy each individual part also I am limited to what I can spend on a PC but if you would like to find me a better spec for similar price that would be great. Also if it cannot run on a 450watt psu I have a 12 month warranty on the PC so this isn't much of a problem.

I know AMD is better but Quad Core AMD cost a bomb Smile

Not sure what mobo is ^^

amd is not better just u can get faster for less money then other
    disturbed9922

Post  disturbed9922 Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:55 pm

INTEL 100%! AMD is running out of room not to mention look

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jul/22/business/fi-amd22

http://www.intel.com/consumer/learn/processors/index.htm

thats just a small tip of very little information. i can write you a book on why intel seems to be the way to go at leat until 2012ish
    Unspoken

Post  Unspoken Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:48 pm

Do you live in the states?
    Unspoken

Post  Unspoken Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:52 pm

disturbed9922 wrote:

INTEL 100%! AMD is running out of room not to mention look

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jul/22/business/fi-amd22

http://www.intel.com/consumer/learn/processors/index.htm

thats just a small tip of very little information. i can write you a book on why intel seems to be the way to go at leat until 2012ish

He probably doesn't have 300$ to spend on a intel cpu when he can get one of equal speed from amd for 100 or less

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 12:15 pm